March 6, 2011

There's a What in My Where?

I think, for the most part, when a woman finds out she's pregnant--regardless of whether she's thrilled, shocked, scared, or unhappy--it's difficult to really comprehend that there is a baby growing in her belly. For me, I don't look any different and I don't feel much different either. Even though the pregnancy is at the forefront of my mind, it's still easy to forget what's happening. to me. Still, the other day I was standing in the bathroom getting ready for bed. I put my hand on my stomach and felt, for a brief second, a genuine connection to the orange pip in my uterus that will grow into a mighty oak who will support me in my dotage. Now I would like to recite a poem about how a woman's womb is like a watering can nourishing God's precious flowers...just let me get my kazoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment